We all share this planet, and in turn, we each have a responsibility to protect it. Here at United Water we recognize this responsibility and encourage our customers to do the same. With our Conservation Guide and Conservation Kits, fulfilling this duty to protect the planet has never been easier.
Our 6 top water-saving tips:
- Use a bucket and sponge instead of a hose when washing your bike or car.
- Take showers instead of baths. Showers use 10 gallons of water, while a bath uses up to 70!
- Turn off the tap while brushing your teeth and save up to 8 gallons of water a day.
- Wash dark clothes in cold water to save energy and water.
- Fully load your dishwashers and washing machines before running them.
- Soak pots and pans in water while you scrub.
United Water and our “living green” partner, AM Conservation Groups, Inc., collaborated to create Conservation Kits. Customers can purchase one of our three different types of United Water conservation kits online. We offer the Standard Water Saving Kit, Deluxe Water Saving Kit, and Outdoor Landscaping Kit. Each contains a variety of indoor and outdoor tools to help you decrease your water usage by as much as 25%. With the average family using up to 400 gallons of water per day, it’s important we each do our part to help protect our water supply. The Conservation Kits contain the following water-saving devices:
- Leak Detection Dye Tablets turn your toilet water blue when there is an otherwise undetectable leak.
- Our Seven Spray Hose Nozzle has a volume control dial to regulate water pressure and flow from your hose.
- The Hose Sprinkler Timer sets a time limit on your hose irrigation.
- Hose Repair Kits help to prevent and stop leaks from happening.
- Our Soil Moisture Meter accurately measures the moisture of the soil at the roots to prevent overwatering.
- Spoiler Showerheads decrease water flow to 1.5 gallons per minute with adjustable spray patterns.
These tips and tools are simple yet effective. By making a few conscious efforts each day, protecting the environment and saving money is easy and convenient.